Audio-books are the new trend & how these audio-books can help aspiring writers to create great content?
Listening is the first step towards learning. A lot of researches show listening as an efficient medium to learn new things effectively.
- What is Audio-Book?
- When first Audio-book created?
- How an Audio-Book is good over traditional book-reading?
- Does Audio-book enhance our writing skills?
What is Audio-Book?
- Audio-book is a form of recorded digital content in which a book is spoken aloud for the listeners.
- Audio-book may have the complete content of the book generally called as unabridged audio-book.
- Audio-Book that contains only the abstract of the book generally called as abridgment audio-book.
When first Audio-book created?
According to Matthew Rubery, Editor of Audio-books, Literature and Sound Studies, The first Audio-book i.e. Talking-book was first recorded in America around October 1934.
But today, the business of audio-books has already taken momentum. There is a good market of audio-books now.
How an Audio-Book is good over traditional book-reading?
This is a tricky question to answer. Nobody can deny the role of reading, speaking and writing in their lives. Good reading has its own advantage likewise speaking has its own positive aspect.
Reading a book is essential in developing knowledge of comprehension, writing patterns, vocabulary, development of characters etc. According to the niche of the book, a reader can comprehend the type of writing i.e.
Listening to an audio-book should never be misinterpreted with the term hearing. There is a wide distinction between listening and hearing.
Listening strictly is a focus towards the speaker while hearing means an activity of sensory organ.
No audio-book can be called advantageous over traditional book when just hearing an audio-book is associated. Strict listening to the content of the audio-book is undoubtedly useful in many ways i.e.
- People can easily listen to an audio-book while doing other casual works.
- People can listen to an audio-book while driving to an office and vice-versa.
- Listening to a good audio-book is soothing for the mind. This can refresh the mind from exaggeration and tension.
- Listening to an audio-book enhances syntax of the language, vocabulary, symbolism and pronunciation etc.
Does Audio-book enhance our writing skills?
Concurrently we must understand that mere listening to an audio-book can enhance our writing skills also. Writing is the most complex art which needs understanding of:
- Content and Ideas for a writing
- Organized and coherent representation of the text
- Proper usage of vocabulary and effective use of punctuation
- Accuracy in the language.
Listening to an audio-book generates a sense among listeners to ideate for drafting a piece of writing. A good writer always follows a process & an audio-book can develop that process.